AUG 1ST 2004 -MY 3 YEARS MARK of locing ~~loc freedom and freeforming all the way... Be peace. ~ *feel free to leave comments*

Saturday, October 02, 2004

NO TO DIRT

At the bus stop, and I saw this man with long long locs, completely coated with something hard (I'm thinking wax) and it wasn't a pretty sight! The wax was covered in dirt. Now he wasn't a bum or anything like that, he was a clean cut guy who looked like he was on his way to work or something...

And people were subtly looking from his locs to mine, probably wondering if mine were dirty too!

Now this is what I have an issue with...I can accept any type of locs -but DIRT?!?
Sorry, I can't take the false assumptions that dirt will loc hair up, or wax.

After a topic I read, I realised just how careful we should be with what we use on our locs... I don't regret experimenting, but some of the products did leave my locs at the bottom with build-up which took time to remove.

And in the long run, I notice that the more simple the routine, the better the loc health.

Dirt is not an option.



No comments: