AUG 1ST 2004 -MY 3 YEARS MARK of locing ~~loc freedom and freeforming all the way... Be peace. ~ *feel free to leave comments*

Monday, August 16, 2004

**ATTENTION! The loc vibe....

...Summer is here -well kind of... UK weather has a bad habit of liftinng our hopes up high and then killing it with sharp down pours of bucket loads. Thats ok, I always come prepared.

This is the first Summer that I have really been so free with my locs, letting them out. To be honest, half of the reason is that it is WAY TOO hot to be wearing headwraps. I always seem to find head wraps comforting, like a protection barrier from the outside world -where my crown picks up nasty vibes and pollution. So removing it was a big step, it felt very...weird and vulnerable to be letting my locs out loose in the air.

Then I catch people on the bus staring at them like.... not sure what like. I get the strong urge to ask them what their thoughts are -yet I don't care , just curious I guess. I've gone past caring what people think of me or what I look like, what I do or what I say.... its not worth the hassle. So much time was wasted in the past with my anxious thoughts of what others might feel about things -now I just take a deep breath and get on with life.

I must say, I do enjoy the respect many people have given me -I'm not a Rasta woman, nor do I ever pretend to be -but if I am greeted, I'll be sure to give them the nod back and smile. Its a nice connection. And if they ask -I say I'm just a spiritual woman. No harm in that, no bad reactions either.

I do feel that some people feel automatically more 'radical' around me, and relax with others -but maybe thats just because they don't know me. And people tend to approach me on the streets very often now for culture events and workshops -I'm not complaining. It has been a great chance to meet many new people. I feel it has more to do with my inner confidence now than anything physical.

My old friends still treat me the same -yet inner change is a process they got used to seeing in me as I gradually showed more of my love for more spiritual and natural living in recent months... every day is about growth. And people need to accept that we can't always remain the same -we all change, its just nice to have old friends who really see the changes with time!

I'm getting strong urges to colour only a few of my locs -I did a few colour sessions before and one left me with a huge orange blob on the top of my head that I didn't like, so I re-dyed it back to dark brown. The sun just plays with colours now, like a henna do... I like.

Let these plants of mine be peace.

No comments: