AUG 1ST 2004 -MY 3 YEARS MARK of locing ~~loc freedom and freeforming all the way... Be peace. ~ *feel free to leave comments*

Monday, August 16, 2004

YEAR 3 mark...

This is where I'll be posting up more loc thoughts...
I still can't believe that it has already been 3 years of locing. My choice to start using homemade products and natural soaps to wash my locs have really left my hair at its softest -ever! Even when I had loose naps, it wasn't this soft!

I can't help but wonder how amazing time has been over the last 3 years -the explosion of natural hair information has been a seriosu revolution. To think that in this day and age, we still feel the need to 'be' something we are not is so crazy!

A growth experience is really all about internal change -the locs have been just a direct reflection of my changes through the 3 years of locing.

And now that I have taken this conscious step to take change into another level -it can only really get better!

Over the last year, my locs have seen a huge growth spurt -I've probbably said all this in previous posts on my locs, but now that my shrinkage has completely stopped, the length is coming directly from the roots.

As my hair is loosely curled, I'm SO glad that I joined my locs together... I need that strong base at the roots to hold the weight of my locs, which are starting to get heavy. The bottom part is especially dense and hard -the oldest part of my loc.

I can't wait to have my locs flowing down my back -2 years.....

Time flies.

No comments: